Events

EmployRight - Protect Your Business by Hiring Lawfully

  • Share:
Name: EmployRight - Protect Your Business by Hiring Lawfully
Date: September 26, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PDT
Registration: Register Now
Event Description:
How you start an employment relationship will determine how you terminate it.

Without effective safeguards in place before the employment relationship starts, you might accidentally find yourself wrongfully dismissing someone -  and liable for large amounts of notice pay.

 Participants of this workshop will learn
  • How to go through the hiring process without incurring liability down the road
  • How to avoid Human Rights Code pitfalls.
  • How to implement contracts that will be effective throughout the employment relationship
  • The basic rules of contract law
 Each participant will be provided with a "Road Map" of steps and considerations to use during the hiring process.

 

Presenter Bio
 
Julianne Yeager is an employment lawyer and the administrator of a small business, Yeager Employment Law. When she is at work, Julianne spends 80% of her time representing both employees and employers in employment matters, and the other 20% of her time dealing with matters relating to administrating and developing a busy law firm. When she is not at work, Julianne is on a full-time dispute resolution retainer between her two small children.
Event Sponsors:
Location:
Yeager & Company Employment Law
Suite 400, 111 Lonsdale Avenue
Date/Time Information:
Tuesday, September 26th
8:00am to 9:00am

 
Contact Information:
Bahar Mostafee Ashfar
Fees/Admission:
Members: $15 (GST)
Non-Members: $30 (GST)
Set a Reminder:
Enter your email address below to receive a reminder message.